Friday 7 January 2011

Hot Chocolate

And so this is 2011. It's been rather uneventful thus far. My temping assignment at the government came to an end today. I was offered a permanent position but it was admin and I wasn't sure, so my consultant said if I wasn't sure then I probably ought not to be put forward for it. Was it wise of me to turn down the opportunity of a full-time job? Probably not, but I don't want to do something I'm not happy in and I'm fed up with them only giving me admin jobs rather than policy like they know I want.

So now I have to concentrate on job-hunting again, oh joy. And hope that the agency finds me something INTERESTING in the time being. Fingers crossed for a couple of internships. Traineeships too, but knowing I'm one of hundreds applying I'm not holding out an awful lot of hope.

Lastly (before I go and drink the titular hot chocolate) I wish all my non-readers a happy new year. And I will make that other blog... eventually.

No comments: