Sunday 12 September 2010

Raindrops on roses


This is the outfit with which I won More Magazine's 'Facebook Fan of the Week'. For a second time I might add. Last time I won cos I'm awesome, but this time they had a challenge to style an outfit for the changeable weather we've got at the moment. Much thanks to my brother for taking the photo.

The jacket is Topshop (petite I think) from a couple of years ago. The dress I got in the ASOS sale earlier this year. I love it, but it's my dead mouse dress cos unfortunately I found a dead, shrivelled up mouse in my room a couple of months ago and it was lying on this dress. Ew. It has been washed since then I assure you. The socks I found in a drawer, and the boots are New Look teen. I only just discovered that NL's teen section does shoes right up to a size 6 (I'm a 3) which is pretty great, as these boots in the exact same style and size cos £4.99 more in the adult section! Pity the teen bit in the Edinburgh store is so small (actually the Edinburgh store is just badly stocked in general). The umbrella is good old Boots Pharmacy.

I haven't updated this blog since June. Soz and all that. Since then I've graduated, I left one job, got another, got 'let go' after a week (I don't know why and was too shocked to ask) and have completed an internship. Same internship as I did last year, but it's all good experience. And now I'm unemployed. Oh how wonderful. I'm so ridiculously bored, why else would I be updating? Really need to get a job. It's so incredibly frustrating having applied to near perfect jobs which I am more than qualified for and fit all the criteria, and then they don't get back to you. If I haven't heard by this week I'm going to cry.

On the upside, I've got the new Kate Atkinson book - Started Early, Took The Dog - to get through and she's one of my favourite authors so I'm looking forward to it. A wee trip to Costa this afternoon me thinks.

Being the lazy, unemployed graduate cliche that I am I am in fact still wearing my pyjamas. At almost quarter to 4, so I should really get up and do something with my day... eventually.

Bye for now.

No comments: