Friday 19 March 2010

Sherry baby

I feel decadent when I drink my lovely fino sherry. Tastes so good.

I only ever seem to update this late at night (or very very early in the morning depending on your perspective). I think it's as much a procrastination thing as much as anything really. Though I really should go to bed.

Wednesday marked the end of my university education. Bar my dissertation deadline and my 2 exams I am finished. No more classes ever! Which is very strange to think, as I have been in education for 18 years. I'm not sure how I'll cope out of it! I'm going to have to be a proper adult, and I'm not sure I'm ready for that. For Heaven's sake, I even repeated 2nd year in an effort to put it off (that's not true. I wouldn't have repeated 2nd year if I could possibly have helped it). I'm going to have to get a proper job. I'm resigned to the fact that I'm probably not going to get a graduate traineeship this year like I'd hoped (when 900 other people applied to a job you didn't get you don't feel quite as bad), so it looks likely that I'll be spending this year working somewhere and doing various internships for the experience. Hopefully can get a job off the back of an internship. As for working, I mean like a part-time job. I already have one, but I'll have been there for 4 years come May and I think it's probably time for me to leave. No idea what I'll do instead, but I'll do something... And I will miss MKC. It's been a big part of my life. I think it's the site itself more than anything that I'll miss, and it will be really strange not working there. It's the only job I've ever had (because being a paper girl for about 3 months doesn't really count), I'm not someone who flits and changes jobs every few months (unlike my darling boyfriend). Ach weil, we'll see.

Doctor Who starts back on Easter Sunday. Can't bloody wait.

1 comment:

Maggie May said...

I have a friend obsessed with Dr. Who- meanwhile I"ve never seen it :)