Monday 8 March 2010

Olympe de Gouge

Would it be terribly bad form of me to dedicate my dissertation to people? Can I have "This is dedicated to the memory of Christine de Pizan, Olympe de Gouge, Mary Wollstonecraft, Emmeline Pankhurst and all the other wonderful women who fought so hard for women's citizenship over the centuries" at the beginning? It's probably a bit pretentious.

Still, it will be dedicated to them, even if only in my head.

My dissertation is due by Friday 26th March. It is a maximum 25 page limit. I have about 12. So...a lot of work still to do. Crap. It is perfectly doable, although I have the added self-imposed pressure of wanting to get it done by the 19th (a week before) so that I can spent the last week fixing it. Which basically means I have less than 2 weeks to write the damn thing.

On top of the, this coming Sunday is K's 21st birthday. I know, he's a baby. I have no idea what to get him either, I used up my emergency ideas for Valentine's Day (and they were very successful). For my 21st, which was admittedly only a month after we'd started going out, he got me a lovely watch that he'd incased in a papier mache globe he'd made and painted - he'd even painted the words "I'd give you the world if I could" on it. Terribly sweet. And I love it. How do I top that incredibly romantic gesture 15 months later? I'm not sure I can! Any and all ideas welcome (do I actually have any readers? I doubt it, I don't think I've at all publicised this blog).

But, as of 5.30pm on the 3rd of May, when my last exam finishes, I am a free woman! Free from the constraints of structured education! Hurrah. Graduation is on the 29th of June, I have registered already. Can not wait.

Adulthood here I come.

No comments: